Aquatic weed only becomes a problem if left unmanaged and allowed to grow out of control. Once many of the invasive weeds become established in a body of water it is very difficult to completely remove them and sometimes becomes impossible. That’s why we offer a range of services to suit all budgets and weed types as different aquatic weed may require different treatments and handling.
Weed Management services
- Aquatic weed boat
- Aquatic weed raking syste
- Herbicide treatment
Aquatic plants and weed pose the following risks when left unmanaged;
- Flooding risk due to waterway choking
- Increase silting levels which will increase the need for future and repeated dredging
- Recreational sports can become affected by the weed, causing problems for boat craft and fishing locations
- Sluices, filtration equipment and pumps can become blocked by detached or floating weed
- During the decomposition stages of the weeds life cycle, it maybe possible to see a reduction in oxygen levels which will kill stocks, wildlife and possibly release nasty odours
- Aquatic weeds can have a choking affect on other aquatic plant life such as Lillie’s, reducing their growth or even hindering their growth completely by reducing light levels
There are several key aspects to the successful management of aquatic weed and plants, the main ones are as follows;
- Clearly try to identify the weed or plant type
- Identify the growing patterns, locations and habitats
- Possible causes of the outbreak, is there local land which is regularly treated with fertilisers?
- Seek advice as to the best times to treat the weed problem you have?
- Ascertain the best method or combined methods of removal
We offer a rapid response to all aquatic weed and plant management problems along with an assured technical advice on how our services can provide you with the correct solution. To speak to one of our consultants simply call us on any of the numbers below or send over an email to email@example.com. On receipt of your enquiry we will as a series of questions to quickly help us understand the problem and compile the most appropriate solution.
We supply all equipment and our services to both domestic and commercial clients throughout the United Kingdom. For more information and advice about aquatic weed management for lakes, ponds, rivers, canals and reservoirs or lake, pond and reservoir construction and maintenance or fishery and consultancy services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 4725524 or 01206 620111.